Product description: Silantes SILAC RPMI Lysine(6) Kit
Content of the Kit:
- 2 x RPMI, amount: 500 mL (Roswell Park Memorial Institute) without glutamine, arginine and lysine
- 2 x Glutamine, amount: 5 mL 200mM
- 2 x FBS, amount: 50 mL (Fetal Bovine Serum, dialyzed)
- 1 x Lysine(6) HCl, isotopic labelling: 13C labelled, amount: 500 µL, in solution, concentration: c=0.274 mol/L, molecular weight= 188.7 g/mol, chemical formula: 13C6H14N2O2 HCl, isotopic enrichment: > 98 %, chemical purity: > 95 %
- 1 x Lysine(0), isotopic labelling: unlabelled, amount: 500 µL, in solution, concentration: c=0.274 mol/L, molecular weight=182.65 g/mol, chemical formula: C6H14N2O2 HCl
- 2 x Arginine(0), isotopic labelling: unlabelled, amount: 500 µL, in solution, concentration: c=1.15 mol/L, molecular weight= 210.66 g/mol, chemical formula: C6H14N4O2 HCl
All products are sterile.
Dry ice shipment required.
The SILAC-procedure in short:
Cells are grown in culture media that are identical with exception of amino acids, The “light” culture contains all the amino acids in unlabelled form and the “heavy” culture contains one or two amino acids in labelled form, The labelled amino acids are usually lysine labelled with 2H (D4), 13C or 13C15N and/or arginine labelled with 13C or 13C15N, The labelled amino acids increase the molecular weight allowing identification and quantification of the proteins/peptides stemming from culture light and heavy, respectively,